Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pineapple Dreams


Despite the fact that the weather is acting like it's the dead of winter here, I'm finding that I'm craving a lot of "summery", light, and fruity drinks. I've been pretty consistent with my exercise lately, which I like to do as soon as wake up. After an hour or so of exercise, I'm very much ready for something refreshing. Maybe it's because I'm all sweaty and hot that I crave the cold, fruity drinks.
Here's one of my favorites...the famous Pina Colada, redone, raw style! Keep in mind my measurements are just a guideline for you, add whatever you wish, and dabble to your heart's content.
Aloha Pineapple Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1 not-frozen banana
1/4 quarter of a ripe pineapple
2 mandarin oranges
3 T. shredded, unsweetened coconut (or skip this in the blending and add for a topping after)
1 tsp. raw coconut oil
1/2 c. ice
And have fresh coconut water (from a young coconut) for the liquid base. This tastes amazing. If you like it thicker, add some more banana, a frozen peach or nectarine, or half of an apple or pear. Add some coconut extract for a bit more of a coconut flare if you like. And as usual, I love topping my smoothies with bee pollen.
Right now I'm impatiently waiting another pineapple to ripen. Oh, I simply adore the flavour of the exotic pineapple!
I can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming up...only a few days really...I'm so stoked about the holidays...my sister and her new husband are coming down for it and I know we'll have a splendid time.
I just wanted to thank you all so much for the comments you left on my last post. They meant A LOT to me, and were SO encouraging, each and every one!!! I'm very grateful for loving people, whom I haven't even met, who truly care about one another. Thank you!
blog comments powered by Disqus